Friday, January 28, 2011

Loganwing - Still Working On It

Still trying to find something I'm happy with. I think I have to drop the Cav because they just don't work with this new army. This version does allow me to use my "supar-sweet" Lone Wolf models though... kind of a have my cake and eat it too sorta thing.

Behold:

Logan Grimnar
Njal, Terminator Armor
Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Saga of the Hunter, Frost Axe

Wolf Scouts x 5, Meltagun
Wolf Scouts x 5, Meltagun
Wolf Scouts x 5, Meltagun

Wolf Guard x 5, Terminator w/Cyclone, Power Armor w/Combimelta, 3 x Power Armor w/BP, CCW
Wolf Guard x 5, Terminator w/Cyclone, Power Armor w/Combimelta, 3 x Power Armor w/BP, CCW
Wolf Guard x 5, Terminator w/Cyclone, Power Armor w/Combimelta, 3 x Power Armor w/BP, CCW

Wolf Guard x 7, 3 w/Combimelta, 2 w/BP, CCW, Terminator w/Storm Shield, Chainfist, Terminator w/Storm Shield, Power Fist, Drop Pod
Wolf Guard x 7, 3 w/Combimelta, 2 w/BP, CCW, Terminator w/Storm Shield, Chainfist, Terminator w/Storm Shield, Power Fist, Drop Pod

Longfangs x 4, Multimelta x 4, Pack Leader, Drop Pod

Oh yeah, Lone Wolves that I can put in a Drop Pod. I'm sold. I'm not sure whether this list is 'better' than the one that I had been hammering out before, but it does seem 'funner.'

And that matters.

Yes, one of the Terminators is a Power Fist for wound allocation shenanigans, and to save 10 points. This comes out to 1997. One Chainfist should be enough to make Dreadnoughts nervous. Bloodclaw/talon/whatever Furiosos might be able to take them all down, but I somehow doubt it. They still have their triple meltashots too