Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tyranid Test List Mk II - Now With More Awesome! (And Hive Guard!)

Ok, I'm sorry that the posts have been a little slow. My previous ability to throw up material during my breaks has been impinged. When I get home I'm totally wiped out with kids and housework, etc. etc.

Anyways, enough bellyaching.

Since SinSynn was kind enough to equip me with some more Hive Guard and the second Tyrant I needed, I now have the models to run the following list. I think it's mostly very "inside the box" but could still be pretty interesting to get my feet under me with a very different army than my normal 3+ armored duders.



Here's the list, I know we've got some bright Nids players that read here so I appreciate your thoughts and input:

Hive Tyrant, Heavy Venom Cannon, Tyrant Guard x 1
Hive Tyrant, Heavy Venom Cannon, Tyrant Guard x 1

Hive Guard x 2
Hive Guard x 2
Hive Guard x 2

Tervigon, Catalyst, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs
Tervigon, Catalyst, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs
Termagants x 10
Termagants x 10

Gargoyles x 10, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs
Gargoyles x 10, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs
Tyrannofex, Rupture Cannon
Tyrannofex, Rupture Cannon

I've been thinking a lot about Heavy Venom Cannons versus Deathspitters Brainleech Devourers (good catch Nardy!. Deathspitters  Devourers undoubtedly are devastatingly effective - when they are in range. (Additional thought: if I were to switch to Devourers I would probably try and get Onslaught onto the Tervigons, but I would probably have to drop the upgrades on the Gargoyles to do it...) The Heavy Venom Cannon has the range to put rounds down-range against the biggest threat to my army - Dark Eldar. AND against Dark Eldar vehicles they will not suffer the -1 damage effect. They are also pretty effective at suppressing Razorbacks that might normally out-range my Hive Guard.