Saturday, June 11, 2011

And Now - Time to Get My Game On

Been a BUSY day! Mother bought us a really nice dining room set for Father's day, and we had to drive two hours to go pick it up. Got to spend the day with my mom, and stopped by my Grandma's house and installed a hand-rail for her on her front porch. Apparently the cat, in a misguided bid at her life insurance money, has decided that leaping underneath her feet when she steps down off the porch is the thing to do. Hopefully the rail will help keep her safe and sound.

Then, cleaned the garage up a bit. More of a "pre-cleaning" really than anything, trying to tidy up enough to figure out what needs to go where.

And now, it's time to get my game on. I'm taking off for the game store with my Circle of Orboros army and my 2k Tyranids army in tow.

Here's the Circle army I will be trying tonight after the painful thrashing I received last time:



Kaya the Moonhunter
Laris
Warpwolf Stalker
Gnarlhorn Satyr
Pureblood Warpwolf
Druids of Orboros
Shifting Stones
Warpborn Skinwalkers (3)

I'm going to miss having the Stone Keeper, but I'll see if I can live without him. I think the Stalker is really going to make a difference though.

At fifty points I plan on running this:

Kaya the Moonhunter
Laris
Warpwolf Stalker
Feral Warpwolf
Gnarlhorn Satyr
Pureblood Warpwolf
Druids of Orboros
-Druid Overseer
Shifting Stones
-Stone Keeper
Druid Wilder
Warpborn Skinwalkers (3)
War Wolf
War Wolf

The War Wolves will support the Skinwalkers, getting some damage on enemies that the Skinwalkers can't reach by having the Skinwalkers run up and engage them, and then have the Warwolves charge from behind terrain for their Gang Fighting bonus. Or they could just follow up a charge that the Skinwalkers make successffully.

They aren't super resilient, but they don't go down to Snipers which everyone seems to bring along, and they can stay hidden until I am ready for them the charge. At the end of the day the Skinwalkers and the Warwolves are just my pawns - things to be sacrificed for the greater good while the heavies do their thing.