Sunday, June 5, 2011

Worst. Game. Night. Evar.

Got my ass handed to me twice in Warmahordes.

Just a thoroughly frustrating experience.

I just felt like everything I tried to do, failed. Not like, "I missed you" or "I didn't do enough damage to you" kind of failed, or like my strategy was not successful and so I lost kind of failed, but like the 'this model is 1 millimeter in the way of your movement, so you can't do that, and now your entire turn is fucked,' kind of failed.

My first game he took out two of my heavy warbeasts with one of his warjacks on the start of his second turn. So 20 points or so of my army, splat, just like that. I thought I was safe in a forest and like 14 inches away, but he popped his feat and suddenly the Beast 09 had a 13" charge range, Pathfinder, and of course he has reach. So he took down two of my heavies just like it was nothing.

I'm not even going to write it all up. I'm just thoroughly not in a good place right now.

Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.