Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Test Interceptor Photos, and Some Thoughts on Model-less Units

So due to the good graces of my buddy Chappy, who's bitz bin truly knows no limits, I have been able to make some progress on my Guardians of the Covenant Counts As Grey Knights. I wanted to do something with the Interceptors to make them stand out from the Grey Knights, but still be recognizable for what they are.





I also wanted to note that Abuse Puppy wrote an excellent article today about units without models, which you can find here. I figured since I didn't care for his last article too much (and I normally dig his writes) I would point out that this one gave me all kinds of warm and fuzzies.

Basically you have to ask yourself this question, if you learned at some point that Games Workshop had written rules for, tested and finalized a really, truly awesome unit, but then the moulds for the model were tragically destroyed, would you be happy if they cut that unit out of the codex before release? If you answered "yes" - you might be a masochist. And a redneck. And possibly a dumbass.

If you answered "no," then you understand why these units sometimes get released without models. I would much rather have more units/rules than models than the other way around.