Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tyranids Tournament List - The Final Version (For Now, Probably, Maybe, Till I Change it...)

 

It's Facebook Official. I "like" this army. We are "in a relationship." It's going into the Army Lists section.

Most of you have seen this but I've been testing this list quite a bit and I think it's pretty damned solid.

While there are still parts of me which think that "quantity over quality" is better, I've stuck with the 12 Genestealers with toxins as opposed to the 15 Genestealers without toxins. It's really a toss-up, but for now this is what I'm going with.

That is such a minor quibble though, the main army is very solidly in place and has survived (and won) games against quite a variety of opponents at this point, INCLUDING dual Land Raiders! (If you didn't follow the saga of my GT then... well go look it up I don't feel like Hyperlinking everything right now).


Anyways, I think this list is good. Like, working on painting it up and making it perty cause I think this is "my" list.

Feel free to playtest and report back with strengths and weaknesses, thoughts on vulnerabilities, or really any thoughts whatsoever.

Oh, and the list is fun. That's important. And SinSynn, I don't care what you say: boosted Termagants kill shit dead.

Prime, Lashwhip/Bonesword, Regeneration, Rending Claws
Prime, Lashwhip/Bonesword, Regeneration, Scything Talons

Hive Guard x 2
Hive Guard x 2
Zoanthrope x 2

Tervigon, Catalyst, Onslaught, Adrenals, Toxins, Scything Talons, Cluster Spines
Tervigon, Catalyst, Onslaught, Adrenals, Toxins, Scything Talons, Cluster Spines
Termagants x 10
Termagants x 10
Genestealers x 12, Toxins
Genestealers x 12, Toxins

Tyrannofex, Rupture Cannon, Dessicator, Cluster Spines
Tyrannofex, Rupture Cannon, Dessicator, Cluster Spines


1998 Points.