Friday, May 13, 2011

Hobby, Nids thoughts, etc.

So, I have a bunch of photos I need to take of my Hordes models. I have been doing construction on my Nids and working on my Guard as well. Blogger has been down for a few days now, so sorry about the lack of posts.

I am heading to North Carolina this whole week for work, so the weekend might be pretty busy getting ready for the trip. I will try and get another game in with my Nids, I've really been enjoying this list and aside from very small tweaks I think I'm pretty well settled on this as my "final" 2k list.
That being the case, I bit the bullet and picked up the final two models I needed: the Zoanthropes. I just got done assembling them while watching Monk with the wife unit, so I won't have to borrow the models anymore from Chappy.


The point has been raised that the Genestealers could use toxin sacs.

I'm torn on that issue. On the one hand, dropping three genestealers to get the toxins gives me the combat power of 18 Genestealers as opposed to 15 against T4 or below. On the other hand, that combat power is contained in only 12 bodies instead of 15, and the extra combat power does nothing against vehicles (and I've killed vehicles EVERY game with my Genestealers). I'm going to try this variant tomorrow if I can:

Prime, Regen, LW/BS, Scything Tal
Prime, Regen, LW/BW, Rending Claws

Hive Guard x 2
Hive Guard x 2
Zoanthrope x 2

Tervigon, Catalyst, Onslaught, Adrenals, Toxins
Tervigon, Catalyst, Onslaught, Adrenals, Toxins
Termagants x 10
Termagants x 10
Genestealers x 12, Toxin Sacs
Genestealers x 12, Toxin Sacs

T-Fex, Rupture Cannon, Dessicator, Cluster
T-Fex, Rupture Cannon, Dessicator, Cluster


Both the 12 with toxins and the 15 without seem like solid options. Thoughts are welcome.