Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Updates... (Hordes, Warmachine, Nids and Hobby)

 Image copyright Privateer Press. No challenge intended.

Got a cool game of Warmahordes in last night. My 26 points of Circle Orboros versus 26 points of my buddy's Menoth. He beat me down hard, of course. I tried to make a desperate assassination run with my caster with flight but then learned that you have to have LOS to declare a charge. Bummer. Anyways, I learned a lot (my buddy wasn't super familiar with Hordes so it was pretty painful at times) and had a good time.

I get the feeling I will be getting my ass handed to me for quite a while with this new game but hey, maybe not.

Anyways, this is the list that I am building towards, a Tier 4 eKaya list (yeah, I'm not sure that the Tier lists are competitive but I like warbeasts, what can I say).

eKaya
Laris
Feral Warpfolf
Pureblood Warpwolf
Gnarlhorn Satyr
Druids of Orboros
Shifting Stones
Stone Shaper
Warpborn Skinwalkers

That's 35 points. We'll see.


Also, I have been giving some thought on how to bring my proposed Ard Boyz Nids list down to 2k without losing the T-Fexes (which I still think are important, call me crazy).

Here's what I came up with:

Prime, Regen, LW/BS, Scy Tal
Prime, Regen, LW/BW, Rend Claw
Tervigon, Catalyst, Onslaught, Toxins, Adrenals
Tervigon, Catalyst, Onslaught, Toxins, Adrenals
Termagants x 10
Termagants x 10
Genestealers x 15
Genestealers x 15

Hive Guard x 2
Hive Guard x 2
Zoanthrope x 2

ex, RC
TFex, Rupture Cannon, Cluster Spines, Dessicator Swarm
TFex, Rupture Cannon, Cluster Spines, Dessicator Swarm

I've been painting a lot lately, so I haven't been writing really meaty articles, sorry about that. Let me know what you think about the lists, and I'm happy to hear what you guys are up to.