Saturday, April 23, 2011

More Ard Boyz Musings (Nids)

 I think I'm going to take the Nids to Ard Boyz this year. They don't need to be painted, so that's a plus.

Just playing around with various combinations, trying to find something that I feel will perform at the Prelims decently.

Prime, Regen, LW/BS, Scything Talons
Prime, Regen, LW/BS, Rending Claws

Zoanthropes x 3
Hive Guard x 3
Hive Guard x 3


Tervigon, Catalyst, Onslaught
Tervigon, Catalyst, Onslaught
Termagants x 10, Devourers x 10
Termagants x 10, Devourers x 10
Genestealers x 15
Genestealers x 15

Raveners x 4, Rending Claws x 4
Raveners x 4, Rending Claws x 4

Tyrannofex, Rupture Cannon, Cluster Spines, Dessicator Swarm
Tyrannofex, Rupture Cannon, Cluster Spines, Dessicator Swarm

So the Primes will most likely start with the Zoanthropes. I also thought about taking out the Raveners for two largish units of Gargoyles, but I think the Raveners will do a better job of taking pressure off of the Zoanthrope unit than the Gargoyles, and I don't think cover will be hard to find. I might change my mind though. I'm not sure that I really want to start the game with more than 50 little bugs on the board though. Such a headache to move.

Interestingly, this list goes down to 2k by dropping the T-Fexes. I find them to be helpful but maybe I could live without them. Dunnoh. Going to try and get a game in tonight (not necessarily 2500) will let you know how it goes.

For those paying attention, these Raveners get Rending Claws of their very own, due to no Swarmlord.