Saturday, January 15, 2011

Practice Game Today... Lost

Fell short by one kill point. It was my own fault, for some reason at the bottom of turn 6 (I was going second) I thought that it was the bottom of 7, so I left myself exposed.

Good game though, my opponent was playing dual blob guard. Those blobs are always a challenge but I was able to take them both down in the end even though he was rolling 5+ saves like they were cool. Seriously, there were at least two times he made 7 out of 8 saves, lol. But it was fun. I figure any game when I make a commissar execute a Sergeant... it's a good game. I don't know why but I just love doing that. My scouts took out a Manticore and then got plasma'd to death. In retrospect I should have gone for the CCS Chimera and then got stuck in killing them. Oh well.

The moral of this story is you can't just have a good list, you have to practice. I'm glad I got that game in today but honestly I need to get some more play in before next weekend if I can.

So, Kingpin, thanks for the beating. A good loss can often teach more than a dozen wins.