Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Loganwing - Lots of Tools

This is a pretty different concept from the original list. But I like it.

Logan Grimnar
Njal Stormcaller, Terminator Armor
Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Saga of the Hunter, Frost Axe

Wolf Scouts x 5, Meltagun
Wolf Scouts x 5, Meltagun

Wolf Guard x 5, Terminator w/Cyclone, 1 Model w/Combimelta and Meltabomb
Wolf Guard x 6, Terminator w/Cyclone, Terminator w/Combimelta and Chainfist, Power Armor w/Combimelta and Meltabomb
Wolf Guard x 5, Terminator w/Cyclone, Terminator w/Combimelta and Chainfist, Power Armor w/Combimelta
Grey Hunters x 7, Meltagun, Drop Pod
Grey Hunters x 7, Meltagun, Drop Pod

Longfangs x 4, Multimelta x 4, Pack Leader, Drop Pod
Longfangs x 4, Missile Launcher x 4, Pack Leader
Longfangs x 4, Missile Launcher x 4, Pack Leader

So I lose out on the Cav and the Lone Wolves. That sucks a bit but this army has 58 infantry models as opposed to 39, ways to project melta, still has a few Chainfists "just in case" (so I won't get wrecked by Blood Angels essentially), and still lets me throw Logan and Njal and the WGBL into midfield to play with his infiltrating/deepstriking friends.

Obviously the Terminators w/Combimeltas and Chainfists are attaching to the Grey Hunters and Drop Podding in. That leaves me with 3 4 man Wolf Guard units (which I'm comfortable with, I really only care about the last guy), and 2 8 man units in pods for scoring. I get Wolf Scouts, missiles, and my Loganbomb.

There are wayyyy too many ways to do this army, lol. But this one does look like fun. I tried the single pod approach but Logan just seemed so damned lonely out there and having seen how long it takes Lone Wolves to get to midfield from their own table edge in DoW setups... I think I would rather have the Chainfist on a Drop Podding squad.

Thoughts?

Oh, who thinks they will have fun charging Logan's unit? Lol.