Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Big Opportunity – Build A Dream Army

So, this is a pretty awesome opportunity and I wanted you guys to weigh in on this.

I was approached this weekend at the tournament with an offer from a friend of a friend who owns a painting company, Stiffneck Studios.

The owner said that he wants me to paint for him.

Normally, the idea of doing commission painting would really turn me off. I don’t think I would want to be held to a strict schedule and I feel like it would take a lot of joy out of the hobby.

But this would be a slightly different setup. The owner basically wants me to write him a list – the gnarliest, hardest tournament list I can, then he will buy all the minis for me. I will build the army, play the army and paint the army. At the end I will probably take it to a GT, and then the owner will sell it.

Like I said, I wouldn’t want to do this if I were being held to a schedule – I have too much going on in my life to try and fill orders for someone. But this seems like a pretty neat opportunity to build and play something I might otherwise not have the financial means to.

What are your thoughts? Is that something you would be interested in reading about? If I did this, what army should I build?

*Note: I've added a Poll for those who have a hard time with the comments feed. Please vote!*

**DAMN YOU BLOGGER! I'll try and fix the poll. You can still vote by highlighting the words, which for some reason are the same color as the background. I tried to fix it but so far no luck. Will continue trying...