Saturday, October 15, 2011

You Guys Are Ridiculous...

...ly awesome.

I don't know who is clicking ads and "supporting my sponsors" but... I could buy a Stormraven now.

Seriously.

I have made half as much today in ad revenue as I have in like, the entire history of the blog.

I was going to write an article about how ads are (on balance) good for the blogging community, but I never really got around to it. They are bad when they lead to whorish, anything for a page-view behavior (BoLS), but overall they are good.

They help keep people motivated to write, for one.

For another, they provide a no-cost source of funds for all of us to support our hobbies. It costs you nothing to click on an ad, but you can contribute to someone's new Rhino. How cool is that?

Most importantly, it allows us to dick over some corporations. Heh.

(Not all corporations are bad, ofc, and who knows, maybe some of the ads will lead to you guys spending some hard earned cash with some of the aforementioned corporations).

Anyways, thanks for all the clicks guys. Mucho appreciated.