Monday, January 16, 2012

Tyranid FAQ Updated - Shadow in the Warp Fixed

So Tyranids no longer officially have the worst psychic defense in the game (I'm not counting those that have "no" psychic defense).

Shadow in the Warp affects units in transports.

Hurray. How long did it take you to figure that out geniuses?

Lol.

Anyways, I appreciate that they changed it, and that they were willing to reverse a previously made decision. It's a good sign for the hobby.

Also, Primes attached to a unit of Termagants can benefit from the Counter-attack, Toxin Sacs and Adrenal glands from a Tervigon. They can also still die if the Tervigon blows up.

Tyrant Guard attached to a Hive Tyrant count as one kill point. I think most played it that way anyways.

A Halberd in contact with Lashwhips strikes at I3. Again, pretty obvious.

Smoke launchers don't grant cover against Hive Guard (I always gave my opponent cover if they popped smoke, figured it was the gentlemanly thing to do, but no longer).

Assaulting a Venomthrope unit without grenades does NOT make you strike at I1. This is a wonky ruling really, but meh.

Automatic regroup on falling back units in synapse range, nice clarification.

Necrons got their FAQ too, but I haven't looked at them yet. Does it say something that I was more excited to see if they had fixed Nids than to look at the Crons?