Thursday, January 12, 2012

>Insert guest author here< Chappy wants to learn Xenos!!

Good day to you all,
My name is ChappyDBC, and Purgatus has been kind enough to relinquish the helm of this mighty beast of a Blog in order for me to get my tactic on! Today's topic will be how to build up a competitive Eldar force. But there is a slight twitch to it. I want you, the reader, to tell me what YOU think of MY list. So let us begin.

So about me: I am a predominantly hobby focused player that has been playing Space Marines for as long as I can remember back to 2nd Edition. I am a power armor junkie. To me, there is nothing cooler than an 8 foot tall genetically engineered superman striding confidently across the 41st millennium laying waste to all his foes. And I have been having a blast playing them. Every tournament I have gone to, I have taken dudes in some form of Power Armor. Night Lords, Deathwing, Novamarines, Ravenwing, Death Guard, World Eaters, Black Templars, Ultramarines........the list is very long.

But. I have been issued a challenge by my peers at my FLGS. Why not play an entire tournament season with a Non-Space Marine army? At first, the only thought running through my mind was HERESY!!! But, then they dropped an even bigger bombshell on me. The challenge was to play........a xenos army in the tournament circuit.

No. NO! Xenos armies suck, right! They don't come with a metric butt ton of Las-Plas Razorbacks. Nor do they have a minimum of Three Devastator / Longfang Squads with 12 to 15 missile launchers between them. What in The Emperor's name am I going to do with....Eldar? That, dear reader, is exactly what I had to find out. So, I trolled around a few "Tactics" based blogs and decided to Mech spam the hell out of an Eldar Army.

But will it work? I hear it is a "win button" army, but I haven't the slightest idea how. They look incredibly fragile. All I really know about Mechdar is that they fly dizzying circles around my Deathwing army and drive me into apoplectic fits of rage with Holo-Fielded Falcons. But that is where you come in, dear reader. You who have played xenos armies a lot more than I have. Come, tell me the ways of the pointy eared space elves. Help me become a better.....sigh.....xenos player. Emperor protect me.....

Ulthwe Eldar list 1850


Farseer - 105
Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Doom
Autarch - 85
Fusion Gun, Scorpion Chainsword (Had 5 points left)

Fire Dragons - 180
5 Fire Dragons in a Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Cannons
Fire Dragons - 180
5 Fire Dragons in a Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Cannons
Fire Dragons - 180
5 Fire Dragons in a Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Cannons

Dire Avengers - 160
5 Dire Avengers in a Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Cannons
Dire Avengers - 160
5 Dire Avengers in a Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Cannons
Dire Avengers - 160
5 Dire Avengers in a Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Cannons
Dire Avengers - 160
5 Dire Avengers in a Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Cannons

Fire Prism - 160
Holo fields, Spirit Stones
Fire Prism - 160
Holo fields, Spirit Stones
Fire Prism - 160
Holo fields, Spirit Stones

Total - 1850


And, if you have an idea for a whole new radical 1850 list for Eldar, feel free to post them. I would love to hear what the Best Overall community has to say. Thanks for reading and thanks to Purgatus for indulging me.
Chappy