Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What's Up With Purgatus, Old Stuff Day, Hobby, Etc.



Ok, well busy, busy, busy lately. The oldest kiddo has had a couple of basketball games in a row. That means getting home late, taking care of household stuff and then passing out. Combine that with the fact that I have been going in early to work to cover some short staffing issues and, well, posting is a bit thin.

But don't worry folks, I've got some good stuff in store for you tomorrow. I will be participating in Old Stuff Day, which is a nice excuse for me to dig through some of my older posts at Yes The Truth Hurts trying to find some long forgotten gems. I've found four that I think will amuse and entertain, and they are all scheduled to post up throughout the morning tomorrow. I hope you like them.

I also swung by the FLGS after work today for a quick minute, picked up some brushes, watched the opening maneuvers of a Tau vs IG game. Good stuff.

Chappy's birthday was today, so a big Happy Birthday to you man. Good friends are hard to come by, and particularly hard to come by are friends that live close by and share your passion for little plastic man barbies.

On a related note, Chappy and I have decided to build our own gaming table so we can throw down in a laid back environment with a few beers on a more frequent basis. It's tough for me to get out of the house with the family situation, even with the lovely and understanding wife that I have. Being able to stay in the house while getting a game in sounds like a dream come true. I have been thinking about this for a while, but Dan Nyhil really got the juices flowing with this guest blog post at Blood of Kittens.

Quick shout out. I know I've pimped Dan's blog over at YTTH, but if you aren't a reader yet, you are missing out. Check out his blog, Ten Inch Template. Dan's currently experiencing some medical issues which are preventing progress on his "Kabal of the Fursaken," but there's plenty of material there to read in the archives. Dan's a huge inspiration to me. Hope he gets better soon and gets with the posting.

I have continued to get some painting done on the Nids. When I feel like I've made sufficient further progress to warrant an update post I will get the camera out and shoot some pictures for you all.

And... that about wraps it up. If you guys have some specific requests please feel free to give me a shout, otherwise I'll just keep doing my thing. Getting close to 100 followers now, so apparently I'm doing *something* right. Thanks for all the support and comments as always.

This is Purgatus, signing off.