Wednesday, March 14, 2012

FoW - Late War British Armor

So.

I finally bit the bullet. I just ordered a Cromwell Armored Platoon.

Comes with 4 Cromwells and Firefly VC.

I'm thinking the Turning Tide Armored Squadron is my best bet.

Building for 1575 because that's what the upcoming tournament is going to be played at.

Trying to decide whether Air Support is worthwhile in that list. Open to suggestions...

HQ 2 Cromwells
Combat 3 Cromwells, 1 Firefly VC
Combat 3 Cromwells, 1 Firefly VC
Combat 3 Cromwells, 1 Firefly VC
3 Recon Stuarts
AOP
2 OQF 25 Pounder


That leaves me 195 points. Thoughts? Suggestions on tactics? I'm assuming the best uses of the Fireflys will often be to leave them sitting and shooting with Semi-indirect fire while the Cromwells move forward...?

How to deal with dug-in infantry?