Friday, March 23, 2012

Cromwells... ASSEMBLE!

So, I just got done assembling 11 Cromwells, 1 Cromwell CS, and 3 Sherman Firefly VCs.

Yikes.

Getting the tanks ready to hit the table by throwing on the tracks is easy. Getting all the little 'fiddly bits' like the fenders, the hatches, the crew, the guns, etc. well... it takes some time.

I have to say I am a bit dissapointed by the quality of some of the stuff. The tracks don't have any really clear "line me up here" points, which is strange. Only one of the tanks is actually "screwed up" but, meh.

The fenders don't really want to go on straight, either.

All fixable/ignorable stuff, but it wasn't fantastic.

But at that scale, I can forgive a few sins. These are pretty darned small models.

I will try and take some photos before I prime them all.

And I need to get ahold of an entire 8 gun 25 pounder battery still... so lots to do.