Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Way For 6th to Help Nids, and a Question on Hive Guard

Ok, I'm just going to throw this out there because I have been thinking about it for a while.

A simple change to the base rules that would go far to promoting Nids as a competitive army. They might still have issues with anti-tank, but at least their anti-infantry elements would be on par for a "good" assault army.

Make the Move Through Cover USR allow the unit to ignore the initiative reducing effects of charging into cover. It's a change to the core rules that would really help this army.



This seems to obvious and elegant I don't see any reason not to do this. I've thought about it a lot, and can't see that it would be balance breaking. I mean, at 14 points a pop shouldn't we get the high I that we pay for on a Genestealer?

Anyways, that's a random thought that I'm sure has occurred to others but I just thought I would throw it out there.

Also, a question. How, in your view, do Hive Guard's special rule interact with Vehicles and cover saves? I think Smoke is clear, they would get the cover save. But I have had my last THREE opponents insist that if their vehicle is in area terrain or touching a terrain piece they get cover from the Hive Guard.

This is me with my frustrated face. I'm just not having a lot of luck explaining this to them. Maybe you can help.