Monday, July 25, 2011

Seeking Feedback - More Guns or More Choppy?

Specifically kicking around the following question:

What would be best, to keep the two longfang units with their four Lascannons -

- or -

Upgrade my three TWC units to two WGBL with Artificer Armor, TWC Mounts, Storm Shields, Wolf Claws, and fifteen or so Fenrisien Wolves to accompany them.

So essentially, how worried am I of my three single model Thunderwolves getting zipped by things like Heavy Bolters, Multilasers, etc.

It's a legitimate question, IMO. Grey Knights will smoke those dudes before they leave the starting blocks. 100 points for a two wound model with a 3+ armor save is... vulnerable? Yeah, that's the word I'm looking for.

But then again, 4 Lascannons will help to destroy the things that mount those Heavy Bolters/Multilasers.

Hmmm...

Chappy has already weighed in in favor of the current list. I would appreciate your thoughts.