Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Loganwing - Now with a Turbo-Blender-Matic 40,000

Yeah, so I'm going to go with a "best of both worlds approach." I'll keep the Lascannons at the suggestion of Chappy and others, and I will bring the Wolf Lord and Fenrisien Wolves at the suggestion of Chex and others.

In the list I have, I just don't see those Thunderwolves making it into combat, and the thing is, I NEED them to make it into combat. That's not a great place to be.


But a Wolf Lord with some ablative wounds and a 2+, 3++ is just plain more difficult to deal with. I think it will cause bigger challenges for my opponent.

And frankly, I've been wanting to try a Saga of the Warrior Blend-O-Matic since the dex came out. No time like the present, amirite? Am I goofing around with this list? Perhaps a bit, but I feel better about it than the last one.  Shrug.

So the modified list would look like this:

Logan
Rune Priest, Terminator Armor, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane
Wolf Lord, Thunderwolf Mount, Artificer Armor, Wolf Claw, Storm Shield, Saga of the Warrior Born

Wolf Scouts x 5, Meltagun
Wolf Scouts x 5, Meltagun

Wolf Guard x 5, Terminator w/Cyclone Launcher, Storm Shield, Chainfist
Wolf Guard x 5, Terminator w/Cyclone Launcher, Storm Shield, Chainfist
Wolf Guard x 5, Terminator w/Cyclone Launcher, Storm Shield, Chainfist 
Wolf Guard x 5, Terminator w/Cyclone Launcher, 1 w/Storm Bolter 1 w/Combimelta
Wolf Guard x 5, Terminator w/Cyclone Launcher, 1 w/Storm Bolter 1 w/Combimelta

Fenrisien Wolves x 8

Longfangs x 4, Multimelta x 4, Pack Leader, Drop Pod
Longfangs x 2, Lascannons x 2, Pack Leader
Longfangs x 2, Lascannons x 2, Pack Leader

So my remaining question is what bases to mount my Fenrisien wolves on. I've been told that both Terminator bases and Biker bases would be appropriate. Frankly I think the Terminator bases will look nicer. Thoughts?