Sunday, September 18, 2011

Interesting Nids List...

Ok, so this is kind of funny.

I was just wishlisting, throwing things in my spreadsheet, and came up with the following list:


Prime, Boneswords x 2, Regeneration
Prime, LW/BS, Regeneration

Hive Guard x 3
Hive Guard x 3
Hive Guard x 3

Tervigon, Catalyst, Toxins
Tervigon, Catalyst, Toxins
Tervigon, Catalyst, Toxins
Termagants x 10
Termagants x 10
Termagants x 10

Tyrannofex, Rupture Cannon
Tyrannofex, Rupture Cannon
Carnifex x 2

So I put this into a spreadsheet and it added up to exactly 2000 points. I felt... like the clouds had opened up and Gabriel had handed me a gift. Then I was like... no there's no way. I fixed my formula and lo and behold, it was like 2200 points.

Damn. It kind of pissed me off, because I honestly think the above IS (or ought to be) a 2000 point list really. But whatever.

But let's pretend that dual Land Raider armies don't exist and aren't a pain in the ass. How could we make this work with REAL points values?

Well, I suppose we could try this:

Prime, Boneswords x 2
Prime, LW/BS

Hive Guard x 3
Hive Guard x 3
Hive Guard x 3

Tervigon, Catalyst, Toxins
Tervigon, Catalyst, Toxins
Tervigon, Catalyst, Toxins
Termagants x 10
Termagants x 10
Termagants x 10

Harpy, TL HVC
Harpy, TL HVC

Carnifex x 2

Suddenly seems... lacking, doesn't it?

Sigh. Now I'm frustrated again. Not because I don't think you could win games with this list, but it's obvious to me that there are these huge weaknesses. I don't know. Tell me I'm wrong. Or right, and should go back to Grey armies of the furry and shiny variety and just give up on the bugs.

It's not that I lose my games with Nids. I don't. I can just tell that if I took them into a GT environment, it would be different.